Thursday, October 22, 2009

Things to Keep Track of...

As I'm reading Twilight there are several reccuring things that I will be noting in the chapter reads and listing here. So this will be a daily edited post.

WORDS A TEENAGER WOULD NEVER SAY/WORDS THAT DON'T BELONG WHERE THEY'R USED :
Omnipresent, inconsequential, hare-brained, verbose, permeable, bulbous, swallower (actually, is this even a word?), devastatingly and inhumanely beautiful, opaque, chivelrously, woolgathering, cursorily, ocher, disconcerting, simultaneously, providentially, handsomer, perceptibly, precedent, finite, disparaging, vacillating, inpenetrable, attenuated, russet, dint, sodden, shambled, exponentially, euphoric, southerly, raucously, instantaneously, silken, perpetual, ordinariness, modulate

BELLA'S WHINES:
WHINE #1: Forks is too rainy! No sun!
WHINE #2: It's a small town! I love cities!
WHINE #3: ;gasp; My Mom is trying to talk me out of my self imposed exhile. How dare she!WHINE #4: I have to spend an hour in the car with my DAD ;gasp of horror;
WHINE #5: Forks is TOO GREEN.
WHINE #6: Forks High is SO SMALL (please also note, she's assuming this when she's NEVER BEEN THERE)
WHINE #7: Everyone here knows everyone else. I'm going to be a big freak (again, she's assuming this when she has yet to say two words to anyone in Forks)
WHINE #8: I hate my looks. I'm so ugly, even though the description I give of myself makes me seem very pretty.
WHINE #9: NO ONE understands me! ;sob;
WHINE #10: Charlie has PICTURES of his only daughter. How dare he!
WHINE #11: Nature! Ew!
WHINE #12: Forks High doesn't look like a school. It's all welcoming and junk.
WHINE #13: People are HELPING me! It's so embarressing and they're just interested because I'm the new girl anyway.
WHINE #14: A boy wouldn't talk me!
WHINE #15: Wind kept me up all night!
WHINE #16: Beaches should be hot and dry. She complains about this when SHE HASN'T BEEN THERE YET. ;shakes Bella;
WHINE #17: Ew snow. Why does everyone here like it so much? Losers.
WHINE #18: More snow. It'll make me look like a bigger klutz then I am.
WHINE #19: I had to ride to the hospital in a STRETCHER. So unfair.
WHINE #20: They made me wear a NECK BRACE.
WHINE #21: I had to be rolled into the hospital like some LOSER.
WHINE #22: All these people are acting so concerned about my welfare. IT'S ANNOYING.
WHINE #23: Charlie had the nerve to tell my MOTHER about my almost accident. Now she's annoying me with her worries.
WHINE #24: Charlie is worried about me too. It's so annoying.
WHINE #25: Charlie wants to spend time with me! EW!
WHINE #26: He's actually interested in my life. It's this stupid small town's fault, of course.
WHINE #27: Can't Jane Austin find any other names to use?!
WHINE #28: If Charlie were female, I wouldn't have to explain why I'm going dress shopping when I don't need a dress.
WHINE #29: How dare Tyler assume he's taking me to prom when I never told him no properly!

MARY SUE AND GARY STUISMS:
Everyone loves Bella!
School is so easy. I'm already ahead even though I've moved so this would be unlikely.
I'm so important to everyone here even though I hate the attention.
The Cullens are all so beautiful and graceful.
Duh, I was in an AP course. I don't know why I'm in a regular course NOW though.
I know how to make steak and potatoes even though I'm only a teenage girl.
Doctor Cullen-I am young, handsome, rich, and a doctor. Naturally the whole hospital loves me.
The whole school (or a majority of it) turn up to make sure Bella is okay, because class is dumb.
I know how to make home made enchiladas even though I'm only seventeen!
Edward is so perfect!
Two boys are fighting over the honor of taking me to the infirmary.
Jacob: I'm smitten with you already even though we've talked once.
I know when I'm dreaming, even though many people don't.
I marinate fish even though I'm seventeen
I'm asked out all the time here even though before I wasn't and I didn't even change about myself.
I dazzle people by just looking at them
Edward-I'm the only vampire that can read minds. Aren't I cool?
Bella-My mind is so special that Edward can't read it.

MEYER CONTRIDICTIONS:
We are told by Bella that she is plain but the description given describes her as quite beautiful.
We are told by Bella that she doesn't know anything about cars. Yet she checks out the cars in the parking lot on her first day and notes the expense of them and identifies the most expensive one.
Bella says she doesn't like to lie. Yet she's been lying to basically everyone about how she actually feels since she got to Forks.
Bella: My mom and I are best friends even though we don't actually act like best friends.
Bella says earlier that she doesn't like all this nature but describes the scenery on the way as breathtaking.
Bella/Meyer make out all the women who are dazzled by Edward to be shallow females and only interested in his appearance, yet Bella is basically the same way as they are so she's not much better.
Bella says Charlie raised her to obey traffic laws but she wasn't raised by him and she never listens to what he says anyway so this is obviously false.

No comments:

Post a Comment