Wednesday, November 3, 2010

BREAKING DAWN: Part III-Preface

Okay, last one today, I just want this over with since as usual the preface is shorter then this post.

CHAPTER SUMMARY: This starts off with a quotation from Empire by Orson Scott Card. Now, I must say I was surprised at first that Meyer even knows who Card is because the man is actually, you know an author that's still alive and not something assigned in English class or the super-easy YA books she usually harolds as fantastic. But then I remembered something. Card is a member of the LDS church. Also, as much as I like his writing (if you haven't read Enders Game DO SO) I can't stand Card himself. Because Card is frankly a homophobic bigot. Go on the net sometime and look up interviews with him if you don't believe me. Considering I'm pretty sure that Meyer is narrow-minded as well (and probably homophobic herself though I haven't seen tendancies yet, but the fact that there are no homosexuals at all in any of her writing is pretty telling) I'm not all that surprised she likes him enough to quote him. Though who wants to bet like all the previous quotes she completely misses the point of the quote and it ends up having nothing to do with her story at all? I guess we'll find out.
As always Meyer uses the preface to spoil what will happen. Also as always, it's Bella facing danger and putting herself in harms way for someone else. No surprise whatsoever. I'm starting to miss Jacob...at least things were interesting with him for awhile because there were actually some new scenes. Now it's just going to be recycled scenes yet again.
From the Preface, the danger is the Volturi (let me guess, they're after the baby!) and it cuts off as Bella growls and oh look, she's a vamp! God help me, this is going to be torture isn't it?

WORD LIST: billowing
GENERAL ANNOYANCES: They ghosted closer-I HATE this wording she keeps insisting on using. Because to me I picture ghosts closing in on Bella. Pick other wording Meyer!

1 comment:

  1. This IS going to be torture from now on, more than it already was.
    Vamp Bella is Miss Uber Mary Sue.

    ReplyDelete