Sunday, April 18, 2010

ECLIPSE: Cover and Preface

Hello internet, I'm back with more ranting on the Twilight series. Had to take a short break in order to read some good books (see my other book blog Fangirls View in case you're interested in which ones ;is so not plugging;). So now it's on to the third one, Eclipse. I will say that I firmly believe Twilight should have been a trilogy. Eclipse was totally unnecessary except to make Meyer and company more money and to trick fangirls into thinking that Jacob still might have had a chance with Bella even though logical beings know that he didn't stand a chance because Meyer is totally in love with Edward and would never do that to him. It also tricked them into thinking something was going to happen in Breaking Dawn besides the obvious happily ever after. I will go as far as say it was a prequel for Breaking Dawn itself if that makes any sense. But that is my belief. I also made a promise to read this series all the way through this so I must read this utterly pointless add on book. Yay.
Well, as always, pretty cover with a red ribbon breaking in half. So I'm suspecting ties/bonds are going to broken here. Perhaps Jacob and Bella's? Except their's was already kind of broken in New Moon...okay...I'm sure it'll make sense at the end. Possibly.
The preface...is REALLY short. Seriously, this blog post probably has more words in it. Basic gist is Bella is in danger (again) and she has a protector defending her (male of course and already we're getting into the sexism...great) and a wolf is howling somewhere.
Shall I skip ahead to chapter seventeenish to find out what is going on, because in Meyer's pattern with this series, that's usually where the preface takes place. But no...no...I made a promise to read all the way through. Well, that's pretty much it. so, let's move on to the next part tomorrow.

WORD LIST: none (not enough words for there to be any)
POSSIBLE EDITS: I still say these are not prefaces, but whatever.
GENERAL ANNOYANCES: Bella is already a damsel in distress and we are only on the first page. I see we haven't solved this issue yet.

1 comment:

  1. Oh oh. I haven't read this one yet, so I might be on a reading hiatus until I get around to it :-(

    ReplyDelete